Fixing Sleep Issues with the Power of Hypnosis
The current situation in the world has certainly changed how we live our everyday lives.
It has affected many of our daily routines, and one of its biggest reported impacts has been that on sleep. We all know that sleep often becomes more elusive when we are anxious.
Many people report that they are suffering sleep issues for the first time in their lives, including:
- Awake for long periods
- Unable to fall asleep at all
- Wake up several times during the night
- More intense and emotional dreams
- Tired and groggy the next morning
- Find it difficult to concentrate or function properly
Good sleep strategies, though, will help you sleep well and can limit the negative effects of poor sleep. Try these FIVE hints for calmer and better sleep.
- Limit your news intake and avoid your mobiles and tablets for at least an hour before bedtime.
- Do something to boost your mood before bed – something that makes you laugh whether that’s a book, a TV show or whatever.
- Have structure in your day. Our brains and bodies love structure. So try and wake, exercise, eat and sleep at similar times each day.
- Focus on your breathing when you’re trying to sleep and not your thoughts. Think about resting rather than sleeping. Follow your breathing by silently whispering the words ‘in’ and ‘out’ to induce sleep.
- Learn to relax. Relaxation can switch off the stress response, physically and mentally. Find something that works for you – mindfulness meditation, progressive muscle relaxation, deep breathing or a long hot bath.
If you can’t sleep – get out of bed. Your bed should not be a battleground. Instead, try to enjoy the sensation of merely resting.
You might also like to think about hypnosis, which can help many forms of sleep issues and insomnia. If you are not sleeping well, and traditional treatments are not working, then hypnosis may be able to help you sleep the way you deserve.
It uses different approaches to induce relaxation, such as focused attention, symptom control and guided imagery. And, unlike sleep medications, it has no side effects, so it can be an aid for those who can’t or don’t want to take sleeping pills.
It can help overcome bedtime restlessness – ease the worry, tension and anxiety that prevent sleep – and can show the way to the deep, restorative sleep that we all need.
You might like to try my mp3 download “Sleep Well Tonight” which is 50% off at the moment on my website https://www.dougbuckingham.com/product/sleep-well-tonight/ or on my App “Hypnosis for Transformation”
Or to book your own personalised 1-2-1 sessions to fix your sleep issues give me a call on 07979 750291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org